Before the pandemic the EU registerred about 22,000 road fatalities annually. 11 percent of the accidents can be linked to faulty or worn out tires. This tire related problem is estimated to carry an annual cost of EUR 22 Billion on top of a tremendous human suffering.
A harsh, less known fact
At the same time as much as 28 percent of microplastics in the ocean comes from tires shedding synthetic rubber as they wear down. Before ending up in the ocean the rubber contributes to the melting of glaciers and soil pollution. Some microplastics get ingested in the bodies and tissues of living organisms.
Roadguard is on a mission to eliminate road fatalities caused by worn out tires and to decrease micro plastics pollution.
Partners & Affiliates
Roadguard has entered into a development and pilot delivery agreement with Statens Vegvesen. The Roadguard system is expected to be active in the Norwegian road infrastructure before the end of 2024.
CEO, founder & board member
Jesper von Zweigbergk
- 15 y senior management - Executive MBA, SAID Business School, Oxford University & M.Sc. Economics, Lund University
CFO, founder & chairman
C. Wilhelm Stang
- 17 y investment banking & corporate finance - M.Sc. Economics, BI Norwegian Business School, Sandvika
Anna Solvejg Dinger
- R&D background from multiple optical sensor systems - Passionate about making the invisible visible - Ph.D. & M.Sc. Physics, Heidelberg University
Chief Scientific Officer
- Deep R&D experience - Can build anything - Ph.D Material physics, University of Oslo & M.Sc. Nanotechnology, University Collage London
Ketil Solvik Olsen
- Former Norwegian Minister of Transport and Communications - CEO Seabrokers Fundamentering AS
- Over 20 years' experience as founder and owner of Alfaprint AS. Alfaprint is the European market leader in name-tag systems for the consumer market